Thursday, May 2, 2013

Food Trucks


I like helping and I like house design, so a couple of days ago I was with my friend Penny looking at some fabric for one of her bedrooms.  We were at Chintz in downtown Vancouver and had selected a couple of different colours combinations for a bed in her house.  Loosely we were trying to figure out a way to making a nasty sofa bed bedroom into a comfortable and hip, cool place for grandchildren to hang out in and also have the occasional over night guest.  I suggested a psuedo day bed like I have in one of the rooms here - the Pair and the Spare has an antique day bed sitting beneath the window and can be a "sofa" or a bed depending on what we need.  So that is what we were looking for at Chintz.  When we had the swatches we decided we'd try the Food Trucks that Vancouver has become famous for - apparently Vancouver is in the top 3 in North America for street food!  I didn't know that.


We relocated from the south side of downtown to the main part of downtown and located several trucks.  We could find parking nearest a Salvadoran food truck.  The pictures are of the truck and the office buildings we were looking at as we waited for our lunch.  What can I say about the lunch????  It was okay, but it wasn't really very good.  It wasn't expensive and it probably wasn't very healthy as most of it was deep fried.  And although it was a sunny day it was a little chilly as it was a little windy.  It was fun to try something different and the folks at the food truck were really friendly.

There were all sorts of food trucks downtown and I think I'll try some more but at the end of the day I think Vancouver has some amazing restaurants so I'll probably reserve the food trucks for lunch in a hurry and go to the restaurants when I want to discuss bedroom design!


No comments:

Post a Comment